Thursday, November 10, 2011

Here We Go!

I am new to the world of blogging, so helloooooo interweb!  Last month, I made a big decision - to pack up my East Coast life and move to ALASKA!  I accepted a job in Anchorage, and I have 8 months before I graduate law school and start a completely new life in a completely new place. 

My decision was fueled by a number of factors.  I went to Alaska on a whim this past summer after spending a month in Tanzania and realizing that living the big city life that I have lived in the past (growing up in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area, New York City for college, and Washington, DC, in between college and law school) isn't what I am looking for anymore.  I absolutely fell in love with the beautiful scenery, fun activities, and really down-to-earth fun people in Anchorage.  It has the perfect mix of city conveniences with easy access to complete wilderness.  This recent op-ed from the Anchorage Daily News that expresses, better than I ever could, what is so wonderful about Alaska.

I have lived a really wonderful life full of great friends and family. But still, I can't help but feel like I am in a rut.  I want something more, although I can't quite articulate what it is.  I hope you will join me through my final year in law school, preparing for the bar, moving to my new home, starting my new job, maybe making a new addition to my family (the current front-runners can be found here and here), and daring to imagine that my life could be something different.   

4 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to come and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Bailey! As one who has already migrated to the Arctic North - I totally get what you're hankering for. Very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Good luck with the fun that is 3L and the Bar. I don't anticipate any trouble for you - I've passed two, you can certainly pass one! Good luck with the move - will have to come find you when you're in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for puppy number 2 for the new addition-too cute!

    ReplyDelete